PARTICIPATION RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I desire to participate in activities provided by the Organization at this event (the “Activities”). I understand that the Activities may include, but are not limited to…
In exchange for being allowed to participate in the Activities, I hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release and agree to the following terms:
- COMPLIANCE WITH POLICIES. I agree to comply with all applicable policies and procedures, and safety rules of the Organization, and will follow the Organization’s instructions in carrying out the Activities.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I am aware and understand that the Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks. I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities.
- MEDICAL TREATMENT. I hereby give consent and authority to the Organization to obtain medical treatment on my behalf if I am injured or require medical attention during my participation in the Activities. I understand and agree that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment, medical transportation, and/or evacuation. I hereby release, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Organization from any claim whatsoever in connection with such treatment or other medical services.
- RELEASE AND WAIVER. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge the Organization from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities. I agree not to make or bring any such claim or demand against the Organization, and fully and forever release and discharge the Organization from liability under such claims or demands.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS RELEASE DISCHARGES THE ORGANIZATION FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM THAT I MAY HAVE AGAINST THE ORGANIZATION WITH RESPECT TO ANY BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR PROPERTY LOSS THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACTIVITIES, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE ORGANIZATION OR OTHERWISE.
- INSURANCE. I understand that, the Organization does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance of any nature in the event of my injury, illness, or death, or damage to or loss of my property.
I also understand that the Organization does not provide workers’ compensation insurance for volunteers. I expressly waive any claim for compensation or liability on the part of the Organization in the event of any injury or medical expense.
- INDEMNIFICATION. I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organization from any and all liability, losses, damages, judgments, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that it may incur or sustain as a result of my negligence, recklessness, or willful misconduct in connection with my participation in the Activities, arising out of any third-party claim.
- PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE. I understand and agree that during the Activities, I may be photographed and/or videotaped by the Organization for internal and/or promotional use. I hereby grant and convey to the Organization all right, title, and interest, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits, in any and all such photographs or recordings, and consent to the Organization’s use of my name, image, likeness, and voice in perpetuity, in any medium or format, for any publicity without further compensation or permission.
- MISCELLANEOUS. I hereby agree that this Release represents the full understanding between the Organization and me and supersedes all other prior agreements, understandings, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, between us, with respect to the subject matter hereof. If any term or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, that term or provision shall be deemed modified so as to be valid and enforceable to the full extent permitted. The invalidity of any such term or provision shall not otherwise affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions. This Release is binding on and inures to the benefit of the Organization and me and our respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors, and permitted assigns. Section headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not define, modify, expand, or limit any of the terms of this Release.
- GOVERNING LAW. I hereby agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without reference to any choice of law doctrine.
BY SUBMITTING THIS ELECTRONIC FORM, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE ORGANIZATION.
If the participant is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must also sign.
I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor named above. I have the legal right to consent to and, by submitting this electronic form, I hereby consent in all respects to the terms of this Release. I authorize the Organization to obtain medical treatment for such minor and release it from liability in accordance with Section 2 of this Release.